Child Watch Parent Information
The YMCA is a Christian values-based organization that focuses on building strong kids, strong families, and strong communities. YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility are taught in every program that we offer. We believe each child is unique with individual developmental patterns. Each child will be given the freedom to express themselves and will be encouraged to be independent.
No child will be discriminated against because of race, color, age, sex, disability or national origin. Any person who believes that a child has been discriminated against in any activity should notify the Executive Director.
Child Care Center Staff
Staff are certified in CPR, First Aid, Universal Precaution, Mandatory Child Abuse Training. All staff meet certain guidelines and are not only hired for their experience and training, but because they exhibit the following characteristics:
- A positive and professional image.
- An ability to communicate effectively with children.
- An active interest in, and respect for, each child.
- An awareness of children’s needs, and an ability to meet them.
- A commitment to communicate with, and support of, every family in the program.
- Staff will use positive redirection for discipline; no child will be discriminated against.
All YMCA staff must complete a criminal background check before they begin working in our programs. In addition, all staff must attend a new orientation session before their first day of employment.
All volunteers used by YMCA Childwatch are interviewed and screened. (They are used as part of the Adult-child ratio.) If you are interested in volunteer opportunities, please contact the childcare director. (Mrs. Haynes) For safety reasons, background checks are completed on all volunteers before they start.
Day and Hours of Operation
The Nishna Valley Family YMCA Child Watch program is open to children 6 weeks through 2nd grade.
- Monday 8-11:30am, 5-7:45pm.
- Tuesday 8-11:30am, 5-7:45pm
- Wednesday 8-11:30pm, 5-7:45pm
- Thursday 8-11:30am, 5-7:45pm
- Friday 8-11:30am, no evening watch
- Saturday 8-11:00am, no evening watch
- Sunday no Child watch.
- On 2 hour late starts Childwatch will open at the regular time.
- Attention:Closed- New Year's Day,Good Friday and the Sat. after, the Saturday before Memorial Day,Memorial Day,July 4,Labor day, Nov. 22(Thanksgiving)23,24 Dec.24,25, 31
~Hours for childwatch have been updated and are the same throughout the year.* On A 1 OR 2 HOUR LATE START OR A NO SCHOOL DAY, the CW room will open at 10am. Thank you for your understanding on these days.
Hours are subject to change. Please see the white board in the front lobby when you enter the YMCA for changes. Thank You!
- Parents need to sign your child(ren) in/out of the Childwatch program.
- Parents let the staff know where you will be working out in the building. A time limit of 3 hours for a child to be in the Childwatch room. Please be prompt on picking up your child.
- Let the staff know of any allergies, behaviors, etc.
- Please mark all of you child’s belongings.
- Parents will be notified if your child has soiled or is in need of a diaper change. Staff are not allowed to do this. Staff are not allowed to administer medication.
- Parents can purchase a punch card at the front desk. Fees are as follows: members $2.00 per visit, non-member $3.00 per visit. Punch card may also be purchased at $35.00 for 20 punches. Drop in fees should be paid at the front desk.
- First time visit: parents please fill out a registration form for your child to keep on file in the Childwatch room.
- If you have questions or concerns please contact Mrs. Haynes at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 243-3934.